Therapeutic dentistry is one of the areas of dental science. The dentist-therapists do not use operational methods in their activities. Specialists in this area are engaged in oral esthetics, treatment of the mucous membrane and gums.
The main goal is to preserve the teeth
The methods of therapeutic dentistry are aimed at the prevention of dental diseases and their preservation. They are the basis for prosthetics and implantation, treatment of periodontal and orthodontic. The end result of any treatment procedures depends on the measures to prevent infection. Dental health affects the body as a whole. The methods of therapeutic dentistry can prevent the destruction of enamel and underlying layers, minimize the adverse effects of external factors.
Practical measures contribute to maintaining the normal state of the gums and the oral cavity as a whole. Dentists of the ‘’Certus’’ Clinic provide clients with a wide range of services aimed at conservative dental treatment and prevention of dental diseases. Timely restoration of teeth avoids their removal, which significantly reduces the cost of solving the problem in general.
Therapeutic dentistry services
Within this area, the following procedures are carried out:
- Diagnosis and treatment of caries, as well as non-carious defects. These include a violation of the integrity of enamel, teeth malformations, fluorosis, and other pathologies.
- Filling of dental canals, treatment of pulp and periodontal diseases. Filling is performed using modern, high-tech compositions. They imitate original fabrics. The technology involves the use of operating optics (microscopes).
- Restoring the aesthetic appearance of the occlusion. Giving the correct shape to the dentition, teeth whitening. In this case, modern polymer multicomponent compositions of various degrees of viscosity are used.
- Therapeutic oral hygiene.
Before any procedure, a thorough diagnosis is carried out. It allows you to establish the presence of a problem, to give a correct assessment of the client’s oral cavity state. The scale of the lesion is estimated.
Successful treatment depends on a thorough diagnosis. To correctly diagnose the disease, a simple examination is not enough. Modern therapeutic dentistry has powerful diagnostic methods:
- Cold test. The freeze-test allows you to assess the condition of the pulp and the viability of the tooth itself. The essence of the method is the analysis of the reaction to hot and cold.
- X-ray examination of teeth. X-ray of the tooth allows you to obtain objective data about hidden pathologies. The picture helps to determine the formed cavity, the presence of abnormalities in the periapical tissues.
To clarify the diagnosis, a specialized microscope can be used. With its help, diagnostics are performed at the cellular level.
There is not always time for a timely visit to the dentist, which is recommended to be done twice a year. It is difficult to fight plaque without the help of a specialist. Home remedies can not be compared with professional oral hygiene. If the plaque is not removed for a long time,it is not easy to get rid of it. In this case, a toothbrush will not help.
The consequence of untimely removal of deposits is caries. It is dangerous not only for teeth. Caries negatively affects the entire body. Dental deposits darken and harden.
Professional cleaning allows you to get rid of soft and hard deposits completely. This prevents many problems in the future. Professional brushing helps prevent damaging of tooth structures. This procedure is recommended to be carried out once every six months.
To care for your oral cavity at home, you need an optimally selected toothbrush, toothpaste. The dentist will give appropriate recommendations based on the condition of the teeth of a particular patient. He will also teach techniques for caring of the oral cavity.
Therapy of teeth and gums diseases
The most common problems:
- Caries. It is characterized by the destruction of tooth enamel, demineralization of tissues. As a result, a pathological defect is formed. If the disease is not yet very developed, the problem is solved by restoring the mineral balance of the tooth, making compounds for deep fluoridation. Enamel strengthening takes place. If the disease has passed the initial stage, other techniques are used, such as restoration with a photocomposite.
- Pulpitis. This is an inflammatory process in the pulp. The dental nerve is affected by infection. The main symptom is severe toothache. The basis of treatment is pulp removal. With the help of medicinal compounds and dental instruments, open channels are processed and closed with a filling.
- Periodontitis. The disease is treated more difficult and longer than pulpitis. Pathology occurs as a result of other neglected problems (caries and pulpitis). Therapy is based on endodontic treatment of the root system.
Tooth micro prosthetics
During the procedure, high-strength fiberglass is used. Teeth turning is not provided. The technique allows you to restore the dentition in the presence of one or two problems. In this case, problem teeth are attached to adjacent dental units. For fastening, compositions are used, as if adhering surfaces. The design is fixed by a beam. The method can be called progressive for many reasons:
- strong, efficient bunch;
- lack of allergic reactions;
- maintaining the integrity of enamel;
- technology does not affect the tooth nervous system;
- quick result. No need to carry out numerous procedures. Adhesive micro prosthetics can be done in one visit;
- affordable cost.
If the patient suffers from loosening of the dental units, splinting of the teeth solves the problem. The procedure is aimed at preventing tooth loss. It is given a stable position. This measure prevents gum disease. It is used for periodontitis, even in severe forms.
At the ‘’Certus’’ clinic in Kiev, high-quality diagnostics and treatment are carried out using modern dental techniques. The price for each service is objective and is set depending on the norms of time and materials spent by experts. Any dental office is equipped with the latest technology. The providing of services occurs in a patient-friendly environment. Preventive measures will help to maintain oral health for many years.
|Consultation on a treatment plan||490|
|Toothbrushing Air Flow||520|
|Integrated tooth brushing Air Flow + ultrasound (2 jaws)||940|
|Glass ionomer seal||490|
|Photopolymer seal surface caries||590|
|Seal made of photopolymer medium caries||880|
|Seal from photopolymer deep caries||1050|
|Dental restoration superficial caries||950|
|Tooth restoration medium caries||1200|
|Tooth restoration deep caries||1400|
|Tooth Art Restoration||2100|
|Fissure sealing 1 tooth||550|
|Cofferdam overlay, Optragate||120|
|Mechanical and drug treatment of one root canal under a microscope||740|
|Filling one root canal using cold gutta-percha (lateral condensation)||540|
|Hot gutta-percha filling of one root canal (3d obturation)||650|
|Root canal filling with medical paste||320|
|Removal of a foreign body from the root canal I cat.||1100|
|Installation of the anchor pin with restoration of the tooth stump on the pin (single root tooth)||970|