In dental practice, there is such a procedure as teeth bleaching. It refers to aesthetic dentistry, it requires quite extensive knowledge and professionalism from a doctor, the use of specialized drugs. The main task of teeth bleaching is to give the teeth a lighter shade. Professional teeth bleaching can be done in the dental office (office whitening), as well as at home. At home, the patient himself can do teeth whitening, but still need strict control of the dentist.
Dentistry “Certus” for many years engaged in professional teeth whitening in Kiev. A huge number of grateful clients express their gratitude to the dentists of this clinic for the snow-white and attractive smiles at an affordable cost.
Indications for whitening
In addition to the patient’s voluntary wishes, there are a number of indications for the whitening procedure:
- when the patient consumes antibiotics and painkillers prescribed by a doctor, which change the color of the teeth;
- yellowness of teeth and plaque due to age;
- artificial discoloration of teeth;
- yellow-brown color of teeth.
Teeth tend to change color under the influence of many factors, both external and internal. There are certain patients who have genetically yellowed teeth enamel. Some people are famous for their excessive use of tobacco, smoking mixtures, coffee, tea, and products with a high level of dyes – this primarily affects enamel.
How does office teeth whitening work
In the dental office, teeth whitening is a fairly quick procedure, and the result will delight the patient for a long time. The work of the dentist takes about an hour. The patient does not experience any discomfort during the bleaching procedure. Sometimes a visit is enough to achieve a result.
At the beginning of the procedure, the dentist examines the patient’s oral cavity, evaluates the condition of the teeth and the features of the enamel. After examination and confirmation that the patient does not have any contraindications, bleaching can begin. In case when a dentist has identified contraindications, then treatment of teeth and gums can be prescribed.
Teeth whitening in a professional dental office consists of several stages.
- Assessment of tooth color. To carry out this analysis, the dentist uses a special table. He compares the color of the teeth, which was at the beginning and the result. When bleaching, it is impossible to find out the shade that will be obtained at the end of the procedure. Each patient is individual. Teeth whitening can occur in different ways.
- The gums are isolated using a special protective gel. This is necessary in order to prevent any negative effects on the mucous membrane of the gums.
- Application of whitening gel. The gel itself contains 35% hydrogen peroxide. Its concentration affects the duration of the teeth whitening procedure itself. However, it still doesn’t last for more than an hour. The dentist evenly distributes the gel across the teeth in order to enhance the effect, and to achieve uniform shade.
- At the final stage, the doctor flushes the patient’s oral cavity with a stream of water. The gel applied in the previous step is washed off. After the procedure, the patient immediately sees the result.
Interesting facts about the teeth whitening procedure
With office whitening, discoloration is carried out only on teeth enamel. If crowns, dentures, fillings were installed, then their color will not change and will remain the same as at the beginning of the procedure. As a rule, experienced anaesthetists always warn about the negative consequences that a patient may have.
After the procedure, dentists advise to stop smoking and consuming products that contain a high concentration of dyes.
With all the recommendations of doctors, each person has an excellent opportunity to preserve the whiteness of the teeth for a long time.
Office bleaching has its opponents and supporters. Experienced dentists at the ‘’Certus’’ clinic will answer all questions and objections of clients, help dispel the fears that patients may have regarding the procedure. The price for office whitening from experienced dentists-anaesthetists is adequate and affordable for everyone.
|Professional Teeth Whitening, one jaw||3350|
|Professional Whitening of one tooth||400|
|Making a kappa for home whitening, re-therapy||750|